React is a library created by Facebook that allows developers to create user interfaces quickly with a component-based architecture. It’s also known for its declarative programming style which makes code easier to maintain over time. Angular is a full-fledged MVC framework from Google and offers great features such as two-way data binding and dependency injection. Finally, Vue is an open-source progressive framework that focuses more on providing the best developer experience than on competing with other frameworks.
Do you want to create a digital product? Our team is ready to help you to find the optimal solution that will meet your specifications and achieve your business goals.Get in touch with us
React vs Angular vs Vue – comparison
Developed by Facebook and released in 2013, React has garnered a lot of popularity over the years. That’s also due to the fact that Facebook uses it extensively throughout its product range on Instagram, WhatsApp, and, naturally, Facebook.
- React offers a simple design and highly detailed documentation, which makes it easy to learn.
- React is really fast thanks to virtual DOM implementation and different rendering optimizations.
- React offers great support for server-side rendering, making it a powerful framework for content-focused applications.
- React supports the Progressive Web App (PWA) technology, which is now gaining popularity.
- It enables mobile app development because the skills developers learn in React can be applied to React Native development.
- React is an opinionated framework and allows developers to make many choices about the best way to build applications with it. That’s why it requires good processes and strong project leadership.
- React is currently moving away from class-based components – this could be a barrier for developers who are more comfortable with object-oriented programming.
- Mixing templates with logic might be confusing for developers at the beginning.
- Exceptional support for Typescript.
- Detailed documentation allows developers to get all of the necessary info about this framework, making the learning curve gentle.
- Minimizes risks of possible errors thanks to one-way data binding that allows singular behavior for the application.
- The MVVM (Model-View-View Model) approach allows developers to work separately on the same section using the same data set.
- Angular supports project scalability really well thanks to its structure and architecture.
- The number and variety of different structures such as pipes, modules, components, and injectables make Angular a bit harder to learn in comparison with Vue and React.
- Angular results in slower performance according to different benchmarks.
- It empowers HTML. Vue shares many similarities with Angular and helps to optimize HTML blocks handling with various components.
- Vue is highly adaptable and offers developers the option of rapidly switching from other frameworks to Vie, thanks to the similarity in terms of design and architecture.
- It comes with a host of integrations. Vue can be used for building Single Page Applications or more complex web interfaces.
- Scalability. Thanks to Vue, developers can build large reusable templates really fast.
- Tiny size – Vie can weigh around 20 KB to help developers keep speed and flexibility, achieving great performance.
- Fewer resources. Since Vue still has a small market share in comparison to React and Angular, knowledge sharing in this framework is still in its infancy.
- Over-flexibility can be risky. Sometimes, Vue experience issues when integrated into large projects, and there’s still no experience in the community about possible solutions (but they’re bound to come around soon).
React vs Angular vs Vue – conclusion
Angular is definitely the most mature of the frameworks we’re comparing here. It has a lot of backing in terms of the number of contributors, and it’s a complete package. However, it has a steep learning curve, and concepts of development might discourage some developers. Angular is a great choice for companies that have large developer teams.
If you’re looking for more information about React vs Angular vs Vue frameworks, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. We are an award-winning web development agency with experts on board who have years of experience in projects using all of these technologies.